Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Working With Black, White, Bold and Bright

Hello Everyone,

How many of you work with bright fabrics?  How many of you use them on a solid background?  How many of you use them with black and white fabrics?

I think my favorite way to use bright and bold fabrics is with black and white fabrics.... it really makes them POP!   Yesterday, I pulled a bunch of bright fabrics and black and white fabrics.  I wanted to just play.  Let me show you what I pulled.


Great prints with some Aussie and Kaffe Fassett, along with some batiks thrown in...


Black with white fabric...


White with black fabric...


Aren't they wonderful and the colors will just POP!!


Here are all the brights with more batiks and prints thrown in for good measure.


Beautiful little stack, don't you think?  So now what to make.... I have several designs drawn up and you will see them in there soon... I hope!  In the meantime, if you would like to try a small little project to try with black, white, bold and bright....

Just click here for  a FREE tutorial that I created in April, 2013 for you!  It is still available.  Many of you may have tried it before, if you haven't seen it you must go now.

Click here for the tutorial!

Oh, by the way, if you would like to get some great black and white  fabrics, just click here.

And for more black and white inspirational quilts click here.

Until Next Time...

Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love those black and whites. Along with a pop or two of color, how about one of the JN patterns?

Judy H said...

I would love to see your design process. Do you use a sketchbook, software? How does a fabric genius operate?

Elaine said...

I just finished a shop sample of a black and white journal cover (aboriginal fabric) with a Dresden plate flower on top with the colors of the color wheel on top-it does pop!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...